Saturday 22 April 2017

Guess who's BACK!!!

Hello there.  I know, i know,,,,,,,i haven't posted in an absolute AGE.....but i've had a lot of personal issues i've had to deal with......BUT...i'm BACK and more than ready to show you what i've been up to creatively.  

Get ready.....this post is very picture heavy!! 


ATC - "Time Flies" made for a swap in one of my facebook groups 



This tag i made using a new set of stamps by AALL & CREATE.  These stamps were designed by different members of their design team and there is 7 sets altogether.  The quality of the stamps themselves are fantastic. 


I really enjoyed making this project.  This was a project that was very quick to make as the ideas came quick and fast - love it when that happens - I used Lindy's sprays and alcohol inks on the butterfly and crackle paste on the stand.  The stand is an old wooden cotton reel which i've had in my stash for a while



This project was done on yupo paper using alcohol inks.  I used a brayer to spread the paint on and i think it worked really well.  I then stamped the background with a butterfly stamp and glued on tissue paper.  I used two more different butterfly stamps and painted them with Lindy's stamp gang inks.



This is something that i am very proud of.  My own sketch of a rose painted with my new set of Winsor and Newton Cottman watercolours.  I am really pleased with how it turned out considering it's the first 'proper' watercolour painting.  


This mixed media piece uses several old book pages ripped up and glued down and a typewriter die from Tim Holtz.  The sentiment is also from a Tim Holtz set which i stamped onto old brown paper and tore the edges to give it a more authentic look.


This piece is a firm favourite of mine.  It took a while due to the drying time of the modelling paste but it all come together at the end.  The die, again another one from Tim Holtz, was used with black cardstock.  I painted the silver bits of the camera with Deco Art metallic paint and when this was dry i stuck a small acrylic circle in the centre to act as the camera lens. I then used lots of layers of old book paper to give it a vintage look and stuck some appropriate ephemera on.



Thank you for getting this far.  I will leave you with me dedicating this post to a truly wonderful man who unfortunately is no longer with us.  My uncle Pat - my hero, my second dad a true legend who will be greatly missed.  He was really interested in my art and i hope they can get this blog up in heaven.  





No comments:

Post a Comment