Monday 19 September 2016

Inspired by Kate Crane


Hello there - i know!!! I'm getting quite good at this blogging malarkey eh? Today i would like to show you another box....yes another box. I'm obsessed what can you say! This one is inspired by one of favourite mixed media artists Kate Crane.  I love her style and find it very freeing but very very messy.

Here it is 






I love the vibrancy of the colours that the paint i used produced.

First i glued the box together with Gorilla wood glue and gave it several coats of white acrylic paint and when i saw several layers.....i MEAN several layers. Gesso would of worked too.

I then raided my paint stash....I don't think i need to buy paint for a while do you?


I chose the brightest colours that i though would go well together.

These are:

DINA WAKLEY PAINTS HEAVY BODY PAINTS

Turquoise
Lemon

LIQUITEX PROFFESSIONAL HEAVY BODY PAINT

Brilliant yellow green
Medium magenta
Ultramarine blue (red shade)
Brilliant purple
Cadmium red medium hue

I hope you are enjoying these posts on the boxes i'm decorating.  Please don't hesitate to pop over to That Craft Place if you would like one of these boxes for yourself. Just say Jo Bendall sent you lol.  By the way i'm not being paid or bribed by Danny or Lisa to say this.  I just think that their goodies are great.

thanks for popping over and visiting me and i hope you have enjoyed your stay

Take care
Jo
xx 




15 comments:

  1. Hmmm... Jo I don't see anything abusive about your blog! Why would anyone complain??? ....Someone just being mean or maybe just a fluke?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this box! When U say, glued the box together, did U make it from scratch? Was it a kit? I must do this w/my Art classes.
    What paper did U use to make the circles on top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello there. The box came in a kit and i glued it together with wood glue. The circles on the top were pre cut from thin MDF - thank you for visiting xx

      Delete
  3. Sorry, Jo! Just saw above UR comment on That Craft Place. I couldn't find the box U made... In fact, most of the links didn't bring up items for sale. Maybe it's my computer or do U think they're sold out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again. The link in my blog takes you to the main page wheere you can look for different products. They also have a page on facebook called 'That Craft Place' where you can place orders too. I hope this helps xx

      Delete