Friday 23 September 2016

Experiments with Yupo Paper.

Hello there.  Hope this blog post finds you well.  I've had an interesting week this week with posts being deleted from facebook and all sorts of other drama - but hey ho......on we go.

Today i've done a little experimentation with Stampbord, alcohol inks and bleach!! I've enjoyed every minute of it and the results have not what I was expecting but isn't that what experimentation is all about? Well yes and here are the results.  I'm totally over the moon!! 




Yupo paper is reccommended with the use of alcohol inks as its very smooth and when splattered on the paper it seems to 'grow' like bacteria - but alot less harmful and more pretty lol.  As Stampbord seems to have a similar surface light bulbs went off in my head and I thought 'shall i try it on that' and i did. When I first splashed the inks onto the board they reacted the same way as you can see from this video 








I then proceeded to drip some bleach onto the board as well and the effect was great.  If you do try this technique or any other with alcohol inks and bleach make sure you are in a well ventilated area as you will be very ill.  

This is a still of what it looked like


Beautiful - but when I came back to it a bit later it had dried and i was not expecting this result at all


At first I wasn't a fan so i decided to do the experiment again but this time put gesso on the board and see what happens. 




As you can see from the video that the ink just 'sat' on the board because of the gesso resit. I had to swish it around and blot it with a paper towel.  The more i looked at the two pieces of stampbord the more i liked the look of them.  Then another lightbulb moment......I reached for my Tim Holtz tissue wrap and cut a butterfly out and in half and stuck it on the boards with gel medium.  They were looking a bit bare so i used gelatos and did some stamping with archival ink to make them pop even more.  I reached for my Tim Hotlz chit chat stickers (good ole Tim eh?) and stuck these on again with gel medium and there you have it!! I also went around the edges with some Inka Gold in silver. 

I'm going to give one of these to a good friend of mine so we have one each and when we meet up they can be joined together like those 'best friend' necklaces you can buy.


Well, that's all from me for today.  I will just leave you with one last picture of the ink and gelatos i used.  Thank you for stopping by and thank you for being there for me on my crafty journey.


Take Care

Love
Jo
xx 








3 comments:

  1. FUN! Love this project! I don't know if it's my phone, but I can't seem to open & play the videos on UR blog. Anyone else experience this? LOVE UR blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking you time to pay me a visit. I've not had anyone else comment about the videos. I'm really sorry you can't see them xx

      Delete