Monday 29 August 2016

Playing Card Fun xx

Hello there lovelies - Hope the sun is agreeing with you?  I've been having fun inside because the sun is not my best friend!!

I've been having a great time playing with extra large playing cards this summer.  I bought them a while ago but hadn't really done anything with them so i decided the time was right.  They have been a fantastic size to work with,  not too big, not too small......just right... just like in Goldilocks ha ha ha.


I've not used them all yet but i'm having so much fun with them.

I have used similar techniques with them all such as stamping,  modelling paste through stencils, and using vintage imagery from all different sources.  I have a lot of crafty stuff so to keep me from getting overwhelmed at the choice of things i decided to use a limited amount of product.  

Here are the ones that i've done so far


I have entered this playing card in Everybody Art Challenge - butterflies


I have entered this playing card in the Craftstamper Take it Make it challenge









I have entered this card in Everybody art Challenge - Butterflies


I have entered this card in the Petal Lu Challenge blog - anything goes 




I have entered this challenge in Try it on Tuesday - children




The pictures that were used on most of these were cut out of magazines and old books i found in charity shops.  The vintage pictures were from Tim Holtz lost relatives pack and selected ephemera packs from Amazon.

I am really enjoying this project and i make sure that i do at least two a day.

I hope you have enjoyed this little journey I've been on and please do continue to join me when I've completed it

Thank you for popping in 
Take care and see you soon
Jo
xx 




11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous altered cards. I have never tried altering giant playing cards before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie - give it a go - i highly recommend it xx

      Delete
  2. These look fabulous Jo! Loving the images.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Linda xx i really appreciate you stopping by xx

      Delete
  3. Love how you altered the playing cards Jo, great idea . Tracy X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Tracy - really appreciate it xx

      Delete
  4. These are so awesome! A friend of mine gave me one of those huge playing cards, and now I know what to do with it!! You are such an inspiration xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi this is an amazing project. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS altered cards!!!
    What a great way to try new techniques and designs!!!
    THANK YOU for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic set of altered cards! Your children card is fabulous and a great take on the challenge.
    Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your altered cards are SO cool!!! Love all the imagery. Very awesome.

    ReplyDelete