Monday 11 April 2016

Altered Baby Powder Tin xx

Hello there.

I've been quite busy this week crafty wise.  The project that i'm about to show you has taken me several days due to waiting for glue to dry, crackle paste to dry and paint to dry!! (The life of a crafter eh?~) I loved every minute of it and i really love the finished project.

I have used a vast amount of products in this piece and i really had to let go of my fear of using my pretty trinkets and embellishments (it was hard to do) But i did it and it feels good plus i have more space now to fill with more stuff lol.  

PRODUCT INGREDIENTS



It took me a while to get an idea on how i wanted my project to look but i knew i wanted to do something out of my comfort zone and weird.  I think it turned out quite weird if i do say so myself.

Here is just one aspect of my project.  Stay tuned for some more views 


The longest part of this project was when i had to paint layer upon layer of paint and crackle medium on the light bulb.  I went back and forth doing this until i got the look i wanted.  I also had to wait for what seemed like forever for it to dry between layers. 


The above picture shows the first layer of Deco Art Americana Satin Wood paint in Dark Scarlett.  After this i applied some crackle medium and another layer of paint in cocoa brown and then dirtied it up by spritzing Deco Art Media Mister in black and rubbing it in with a sponge.

I then raided my treasure trove of embellishments and trinkets (mainly from Prima Marketing) and chose the ones that "spoke" to me and began to place them where i thought best.  Here are all aspects of my project - i really enjoyed doing this - 









Thank you so much for the visit to my blog - it really is appreciated

Lots of Love

Jo
xx 








11 comments:

  1. Great to see you stepping outside your comfort zone honey! I look forward to seeing more pieces! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lesley - i truly enjoyed it and i took a lot of inspiration from you and Sue xx

      Delete
  2. Am I allowed to say yes that is weird but I do love it. You are braver than me...I hate using my goodies x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are indeed allowed to say its weird!!! I did struggle using my goodies but im glad i did. Thanks for stopping by xx

      Delete
  3. Jo this is stunning, I love it. Love how you have used the trinkets round the bulb. Looking forward to seeing what else you make out of your comfort zone xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you joan and thank you for stopping by xx

      Delete
  4. Wow it's just stunning, love what you have done poppet x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks jac. Really appreciate your visit xx

      Delete
  5. This is fabulous and yes a little weird but I love it!
    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you linda. Its great that you think its weird too. Thank you for stopping by

      Delete